Articulate, detail-oriented Writer with strong editing, online publishing and broadcast expertise. Solid news, research and interview experience on a local, national and international level. Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines. Ace interpersonal communication skills.
ü Excellent Proofreading/Spelling
ü Tight, Forceful Writing
ü Analytical, Detail Oriented
ü Presents Polished Product
ü Internet Savvy
ü Fluent English, Spanish, Hebrew
Researcher/Tracing Specialist 2000 - Present
American Red Cross, Holocaust and War Victims Tracing & Information Center, Baltimore MD
· Investigate on a local, national and international level records and whereabouts of survivors and victims of WWII, utilizing multiple and extensive databases, as well as library research. Collaborate with international organizations, archives, locator services, SSDI, INS, search engines, etc. Translate Hebrew files originating in Israel into English.
Freelance Writer 1985 – Present
Publications include: Baltimore Magazine, Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Jewish Times, Camping Life, Maryland Family Magazine, Fifty Plus, Jubilee, Central PA, Palo Cedro Bee, Zooba.com., Women’s Firearms Network.
· Extensive, multifaceted experience in online and print media including magazines, newspapers, newsletters and websites about travel, health, family issues, lifestyle, politics, and reference.
Web Content/Presentation Editor 1995 - 1999
· Conceptualized, created and established history documentary website derived from WWII veteran’s memoirs. Utilized by teachers from across the country. Solicited by BBC, History Channel, veterans’ groups and university archives.
News Director/News Writer (Freelance) 1998 – 1999
· Directed news programming at WCBM-AM 680 for Shmooze!, a weekly Jewish radio show.
· Freelance news writer at WJZ-TV Channel 13 (the CBS affiliate in Baltimore). Wrote newscasts for Eyewitness News. Accessed video and EL (electronic library) archives, synchronized tapes to newscasts I wrote for TV news. Use of BASYS computer system (a system especially designed for broadcast and print media).
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Windows 98, Internet; type 65 wpm.
· Witness advocate for crime victims
· Family-to-Familly Social Services Program Volunteer, helping recent immigrants navigate all aspects of American culture in the workplace, home, and school.
· Created free-loan camping equipment “bank” for disadvantaged families
BA, Art History
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA